Major projects completed
- Planning and executing all aspects of the National Service info session and AmeriCorps Commitment Ceremony, as part of AmeriCorps CEO Michael Smith's visit.
- Coordinating and amplifying media coverage of and images from Michael Smith's visit.
- Planning for exhibit at Maine Municipal Association Convention and edits to materials and signage.
Issues to be aware of
- Due to the intensive planning and communication required for event planning, as well as the immediate shift in focus to the Maine Municipal Convention, those two items took focus in September. Many major focuses of September have shifted to October.
Major focus of effort in the next month
- Exhibiting at Maine Municipal Association Convention.
- Preparing for Maine Volunteer Foundation Annual Meeting.
- Development of Training for Life campaign, specifically determining best avenues for promotion.
- Collaborating with Task Force to produce an op-ed in-line with Training for Life concept.
- Continued digital promotion of AmeriCorps service opportunities.
- "Volunteer Fare" newsletter reboot.
- Ongoing work to update press release/news distribution lists to include updated list of commissioners, MVF Board members, and other supporters both in state government and AmeriCorps Federal agency.
- Continuing to assist Program Officer for Volunteer Sector Initiatives with content planning for Maine Volunteer Leadership Conference.
- Acting on further direction for Maine Climate Corps and Maine Service Fellows outreach initiatives.
- Staffed September Communications Task Force meeting.
Prepared by Communications Officer Bryan Roche